Wow, wow, wow. I can’t believe how exhausted I am from everything in the past week. I really want to thank everyone so much for their kind words, support and patience. I know it took me a lot longer to respond to emails than usual and I really apologize for it! I believe I have responded to everything though now! Phew!
So its been a tough week obviously and I don’t know if I even have 5 good things to write about. My days have consisted of visiting my grandpa in the hospital, going over paper work and their finances, and trying to figure out what the next step of care for my grandpa is. You see I am the only grandchild, and my dad is the only child, but he doesn’t live here…so everything that can’t be done on the phone is something I need to do. It kinda sucks…but I shouldn’t grump and just do the best I can right guys?
Sooooo I’m going to try to think of 5 good things…here goes:
1. Growing Up. Growing up kinda sucks sometimes. But its also a good thing. So many times in life I don’t really feel like an adult. I feel like a kid. I don’t know why. I just sometimes still feel like I am in college or high school or something. Well this whole experience has definitely made me feel older and feel my responsibilities more. I guess that is a good thing, despite that it stems from such a sad situation. Everyone in my family, husband included, said they are really proud of how I am dealing with things and how they definitely see me “growing up” in a good way. So maybe that’s a yay for finally being an adult.
2. My mom. My mom is an amazing, wonderful lady and I am so glad to have her in my life. I am not going to lie, she can really drive me crazy sometimes. Sometimes so much so that I forget to stop and really see how awesome she is. The truth is, my mom always has my back. She supports me in everything I do. She knows when I am in a hard time and helps as much as she can (even during her busiest work week of the year). She makes sure I am ok. She is always here for me. And she is always selfless when it comes to me. And I’d be pretty much lost without her. So, mom I love you. Even when I tease you, or use that tone of voice you hate, I really really love you. And I do see all you do for me!
3. Realizing life is a journey. I have always been a super competitive person. I’d say until very recently life, I was definitely about the destination and not about the journey. I wanted to be the BEST at whatever I did, and if I wasn’t the absolute BEST then I wasn’t happy. A few years ago I started trying to accept the fact that life is about so much more that “winning” or being “the best.” Everyone really does have their own path, and its so important to go about life finding joy. Its also important to let go of negativity and remain positive about wherever you are at (especially if you are at a place you didn’t want to be). My dad thinks I am a total California-Hippie-Yogi-Freak for believing that life is a journey. But I am starting to not care. If you can’t enjoy the ride of life than what is the point of living? I of course still am competitive and would love to be the best at what I do, but I am really understanding that there is a lot more to life than just that, you know?
4. My husband. I talk about him too much, huh? But he is really amazing. I must have done something REAL good to deserve him 😉
5. Photography. While reading through all the sweet comments and emails I have received I realized that photography has opened up so much for me. It isn’t just about the pictures anymore, though of course I do love taking amazing pictures! But its about the people too. Its about the connections I have made with clients, and peers, and mentors. Its about reaching people through art and capturing something special for people. I knew photography would be a fun job, but I didn’t know it would be an incredibly heart-warming job. Each one of you reading my blog has touched my life in a way you will never know! I am really amazed by all of you and so thankful to have connected with so many wonderful people. You all make me feel sooooo blessed.
Wooohoo! I did it! I came up with 5 good things from this terrible week. I know that the road ahead is going to be a lot more difficult and I have a lot more responsibilities now than ever before. But as long as I can remain positive I will be okay. And meeting all you awesome people and capturing moments of joy with my camera definitely makes me happy and counteracts the sad and difficult parts of my life! I know I will come out of everything a stronger person and much better photographer. So in the end this will all be worth it!