Sorry this TT5 is coming out late in the day. It’s been a busy busy week y’all! Which is funny, because I really thought I was in the slow season. But I’m not! And that right there? Is AWESOME! So here is a evening installment of TT5! Enjoy!
1. The Photography Community. Lately the photography community has just blown me away. A year ago I was just starting to really get involved. But secretly I was afraid. Afraid of being judged. Afraid of being laughed at. Who did I think I was trying to be a photographer? I was just a little, scrawny blonde girl. But this year I have met so many amazing people. Made some fantastic friends. And have been invited to so many events and been asked to shoot with people I would have never ever dreamed of meeting, let alone shoot with. It’s surreal. And yet it’s real. I definitely feel a part of something. And respected. And that I’m no longer seen as a newbie or wannabe, but a respected SoCal photographer. And that right there? Means everything! I love this community and love doing what I do!
2. Pumpkin Cupcakes. I love pumpkin everything. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin froyo. Pumpkin spice lattes. And so it is no wonder I love Pumpkin cupcakes!!! This week I had one from Magnolia Bakery on 3rd Street and it was deeeeeeeeeelicious. It had maple frosting and walnuts in the batter. Yum and yum! I <3 this time of year!
3. Cinnamon Rolls made from SCRATCH. My husband is sexy. He knows his way around…a Kitchen Aid stand mixer! Awwww yeeeeah! Yep my husband likes to keep the spice of marriage alive by baking me all sorts of delectable goodies FROM SCRATCH! Did I score, or did I score? This week he baked me cinnamon rolls. He made the dough and frosting himself. The dough took 24 hours. And I had to be the most patient girl in the world. But it was worth waiting. They were DIVINE! And my hubs? Well he scored extra points for that one!
4. Going Outside My Comfort Zone. Apparently Jennifer Aniston once said “Everything you could possibly want is just outside your comfort zone. Everything.you.could.possibly.want!” When I read that years ago I was like “Dang. Guess I won’t be getting what I want then…” YEAH. Cause going outside my comfort zone? I HATE IT! But lately something changed. In the past month I have done so many things that terrified me. I’ve done things that had my instinct saying “no, you can’t do that” or “are you nuts? that’s too hard and scary for you.” I squashed the little voice in my head, put my big girl pants on, and as Nike would say JUST DID IT. And it’s been good. The results have been phenomenal, and I couldn’t be happier to be stepping outside my comfort zone. So maybe I will get everything I could possibly want!!
5. Facebook. Okay so that sounds totalllllly lame and nerdy! Really, Ashleigh?! FACEBOOK?! In your TOP 5?! Okay well hear me out, yo! Facebook has opened SO many opportunities for me and my business. Especially recently. I’ve connected with so many awesome people, that otherwise I may not have been able to. I’ve made a lot of my wedding industry friends by realizing all our commonalities on Facebook. I’ve met clients over facebook. Yes, I’ve met clients because of Facebook. If that isn’t amazing, well then I do not know what is! FAB! Definitely fab enough to be in the top 5!
Left to right: Facebook logo from official site, Nike logo from official site, Alton Brown’s Overnight cinnamon rolls from Beantown Baker, Magnolia Bakery Pumpkin Spice cupcake from flickr user Liz Clutterbuck.