Time is flying by. January is almost over already! That seems so crazy to me. Soon it will be February, Valentine’s day, and then soon it will be Spring! Sometimes I like how fast things move, but other times I just want things to slow down so I can enjoy them! I think I need to learn how to be more “zen.” You know, like learn how to live in the moment. Not the past, not the future. I need to work harder on being in the now. That’s one reason I’m loving Tuesday Top 5’s. It helps me remember and appreciate what is going on now and what I enjoy about it. SO without further ado, here’s this week’s Top 5.
- Rain. I really have to say I have enjoyed the rain in SoCal this week. Its so rare we get true storms here, and its kinda exciting to experience one. Like thunder, I love that sound. Or seeing lightning. I LOVE watching lightning. Or when it hailed. HOW CRAZY WAS THAT?! Now don’t get me wrong, I really hate driving in the rain, and I am definitely concerned for the people who may have to deal with mudslides. But SoCal definitely needed this storm, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy hearing the rain when I sleep, or getting all snuggly on the couch while listening to thunder.
- Soup! If there is one thing I LOVE, it’s soup! Really, I thank the first person who cooked it. That person was a GENIUS. What’s better than a meal in a bowl people?! I love soup year round. I like chilled summer soups. I even like hot soups in the summer. But soup is definitely best during stormy weather. I also love making soup. The way it makes the house smell so good. Using so many good veggies. Its wonderful! This past week we enjoyed a Ribollita soup, and then a shrimp-tofu-bok choy noodle bowl soup. YUM.
- My comfy pants. Around the holidays I bought these “comfy pants” on sale at The Gap. They are sweatpants, but not just any sweatpants. They are entirely made of fleece. They are SO SOFT, and WARM, and COMFY. Hence, why I call them my comfy pants. I have been wearing these every second I am at home lately. They are delicious. Thank you Gap for my comfy pants. They are fantastic for this wintry season!
- Kitty Cuddles. So I am definitely a cat person. I’ve always had cats growing up and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Cause I love my kitty-boo-bears SO MUCH. I know I blogged about my mom’s miracle kittens before, but I don’t know if I have talked much about our own two boo-bears. We have a black kitty named Bobby and a tortoise shell kitty named Stella (aka Stelly). They are kinda me & AJ’s world. We love them to pieces!!! They are, for now, and really forever, our children. Yep I said it. Our Children! Don’t hate. Well anyways, Bobby & Stella give us extra good cuddles. But when its cold out? They are attached to us like glue. Love the extra dose of cuddles I’ve been getting. They make me the happiest person ever.
- Dine LA Restaurant Week. I don’t know if y’all heard, but we are in the midst of restaurant week! One of the coolest times of the year! Basically, a bunch of restaurants in LA make special prix-fixe three-course meals at affordable prices. So if you can’t always afford to go to Spago, or Chinois, or Craft, or Sushi Roku or wherever, this week may be your lucky chance! I think my momma & I are gonna do up lunch at The Lobster in Santa Monica. Nom Nom Nom. Restaurant week you are fabulous, and whoever thought of you is a genius as well!
And now here’s a teaser from the San Diego Photog Shootout I attended this weekend: