So as you are reading this I am actually attending the ever fabulous Jasmine Star’s workshop! Holllllla! God bless being able to schedule blog postsI just didn’t want to leave you guys without a Tuesday Top 5! So here goes:
1. See’s Candy. Every Valentine’s Day my hubby gets me a custom filled box of See’s Candy. I really love the nuts & chews, and don’t care fore the cremes so I need a custom box! I love eating my candy so much! I just wish every month my hubs could buy me some. Wink wink, hubs
2. Making new friends. Awwww, that sounds so elementary school doesn’t it? But seriously, its nice to meet new people and connect. I am lucky because so many of my past and future clients have become friends. And that is really a cornerstone of my business, having clients turn into friends. If I can’t be friends with ya, I probably shouldn’t shoot your wedding. Trust me it’s better for both of us! But lucky for me I have only met awesome people and clients-turned-friends so far on my journey! And that makes me happy.I also met a ton of fellow photogs turned friends last week at the SoCal Photog Shootout event! And that has been awesome! And as we speak I am hopefully making friends at J*’s workshop! I hope I am!
3. Ke$ha. I kinda hate to admit this publicly but Kesha’s debut album Animal is a total guilty pleasure of mine. I love “Tik Tok,” ’cause you know I can totally relate. I mean I soooo wake up every morning feeling like P. Diddy. 😉 LOL. And songs like “Kiss and Tell” “Blah Blah Blah” “Take it Off” and “Dinosaur” are just classic party jamz!!!! Yeah I like Kesha. I’m gonna own it!
4. Getting over fear. This week I *think* I got over a really big fear in my life. One that my parents drilled into my head thinking it would keep me safe. One that handicapped me for the last 7 years of my life. It took a lot of support from my husband but I finally realized I need to grow up, woman up, and get the F over it. And I think I did. So yay me!!!
5. Ikea. My husband and I live in an amazing one bedroom apartment in Downtown Culver City. It’s not huge but its fairly large for a one bedroom. Its really quiet and private feeling. And most importantly is within walking distance to so many places– my day job for instance, the movie theaters (yes we have two within walking distance), Trader Joe’s, and ample restaurants! So basically the point is we love where we live! Unfortunately we have lived here 3 years and are starting to out grow it. Storage is kinda an issue. A good work space is kinda an issue. And we were lamenting…move to an area where we could afford more space or stay put but be cluttered and cramped and grumpy. Then we took a peruse around Ikea. And I think we found some stylish and affordable furnishing options to revamp our apartment and make it work for us again! Here’s a looksy at what we are thinking of getting: